Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 01:50:15 -0400
From:      "Lyndon Griffin" <lyndon@bsd4us.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C++ symbol mangling

Lyndon Griffin writes:
> The questions:
> 1)  Are the ctype.h definitions getting in the way?
> 2)  Is there a compiler flag to prevent this behavior?  If so, what is it?
> 3)  Barring the compiler flag, could someone architect for me a macro or
> two that would prevent this problem?

Answering my own question, ctype.h is the culprit...  it contains 2 macros
that look like this:

#define tolower(c) __tolower(c)
#define toupper(c) __toupper(c)

I'm working on some trickery to get around this, but any comments or
suggestions are welcome.  Sorry for the spam...

<:)  Lyndon
http://bsd4us.org/