Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:15:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        "Nate Lawson" <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

> If you have throttling, please test the new configuration to be sure
> it still works as before.  Final upcoming work will be manpage
> support and bugfixing as necessary.

acpi_perf.ko doesn't do anything on my Toshiba A60-J1L (2.8 GHz
Celeron).  Neither does acpi_toshiba.ko or acpi_video.ko for that
matter.

If I add CPU_ENABLE_P4TCC to my kernel config, then I can throttle the
CPU from 100% down to 13%.  But that's the only throttle support this
laptop seems to have (and it's worked since I noticed it in NOTES with
5.2-CURRENT).

It uses the ATI IGP chipset, so I'm not expecting miracles with this
thing (the sound and modem don't work either, and the HD is detected
as UDMA33 instead of UDMA100).

I'm running the latest BIOS (1.80C), and 6-CURRENT cvsup'd this
afternoon.  Links to dmesg, asl, and sysctl output is below.  If
there's anything else that's needed or wanted, let me know.

  http://mailtest.sd73.bc.ca/fcash/dmesg.verbose
  http://mailtest.sd73.bc.ca/fcash/fcash-toshiba-a60-j1l.asl
  http://mailtest.sd73.bc.ca/fcash/sysctl.txt

If this chipset isn't supported, that's fine.  The P4TCC support works
well enough for my uses.  :)

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]