Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:55:17 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdosfs performance unbearable

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:47:24 +0100
Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de> wrote:

> ufs:
> $ time -h tar -xf php_manual_en.tar.gz
> 	3.31s real		0.43s user		0.51s sys

I've seem something similar , in the past, on 6.2, when writing to my mobile phone's mini-SD card.

what does gstat show? (in particular, is any device being used 100% ?, can u relate the slowness when it hits 100% ? do other disks other than your FAT disk become saturated too? )

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.