Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:40:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Dual Monitor Systems...

J Wunsch writes:

> Don't worry about the flickering picture on your screen while the
> machine is booting.  The frequencies are way below the freq's your
> monitor could grok, so it's simply a matter that you cannot recognize
> anything.  It doesn't hurt anyway.  I know several people who are
> using such a configuration.

You've obviously never burnt out a monitor :-(

Running monitors out of spec *does* damage monitors.  It may not do
too much harm for a brief period of time when booting, but what
happens if you have a power fail in the middle of the night, and
something hangs?  In addition, even a brief period of time out of spec
could burn out some monitors.  *Do* worry.

Greg