Date:      Tue, 21 May 2013 18:43:25 +0200
From:      Pol Hallen <freebsdenml@fuckaround.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org >> FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   filesystem advice

Hi all and sorry for this (newbie) question.

I study FreeBSD (I come from linux) and I'm not sure which filesystem use.

My situation: install a fileserver (samba) for 3 clients and put it as
gateway/server on internet (ssh, and samba to internal lan).

I installed FreeBSD with raid 1 following this howto:

http://www.ateamsystems.com/blog/Installing-FreeBSD-9-gmirror-GPT-partitions-raid-1

everything ok!

I see that use ufs filesystem, now:

I'd like have less maintenance possible direclty to machine because this
server is far to me 50Km.

So I can use ssh for default (and extra) maintenance.

Which filesystem is "better"? After total crash of system (i.e.) or
black-out, ufs can repair it by itself? Or better use ufs+journal? or zfs?

Motherboard is atom dual core with 2Gb of ram and 2 disks with 2Gb each.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards

Pol