Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:46:16 +0000
From:      "Pete McKenna" <pmckenna@uswest.net>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMP Xeon update

Mike,

I was looking through the SMP Archive and haven't seen much recently on the
quad Xeon box you had been testing.

We are looking for a MRTG box to do our network metrics and it looks like this
would hold us for awhile at the rate things are expanding. Can you me update on
what's happened and if the onboard controllers are usable. We're are planning
on running 3.0 release and only need 2 drives on either an adaptec or the
onboard controller (I'm a bit fuzzy on what the onboard controller is)

Any input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

--
Pete McKenna <pmckenna@uswest.net>
Systems Engineer