Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:51:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
To:        warendaj@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86

On Fri, Oct 12 2001 J.M. Warenda <warendaj@home.com> wrote:

>     X video configuration.
>                                                    ... I'm almost certain
> this has to have already been written and likely bound in several volumes
> somewhere ...

The best write-up I have ever seen on the subject is Chapter 10
of Greg Lehey's book: The Complete FreeBSD.

Also, read the following man pages:

	SuperProbe(1)     (Note the capital "S" and "P".)
	xf86config(1)     (No capital letters here.)
	xvidtune(1)
	xwininfo(1)

The above routines are located in /usr/X11R6/bin.

xvidtune very is helpful after you get the configuration roughed in.

		Good luck
		Ed Alley