Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:12:28 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        Coder Arkade <xamatrox@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting Hardrive

As it was put forth by Coder Arkade on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 07:56:44AM +0000...

> >From: User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
> >To: Coder Arkade <xamatrox@hotmail.com>
> >CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> >Subject: Re: Mounting Hardrive
> >Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:47:36 -0400
> >
> >As it was put forth by Coder Arkade on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:28:59AM
> >+0000...
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have installed FreeBSD 4.3 and im happy with my choise BUT i have one
> > > problem.
> > > my other hardrive (Secondary Master on IDE) has not been mounted, and i
> >have
> > > no clue how i am going to findout what the hardrive is called in the
> >/dev
> > > directory
> > > if you guys could help me with that i would be a very happy
> >computer-geek
> > >
> > > (could be good to know : i use the command "mount -d /dev/whatever
> > > /mnt/whatever" and if thats not the way to do it, please tell me how i
> > > should do)
> > >
> > > /Thanks Arkade

> >do
> >
> >dmesg | more
> >
> >and look for ata, this is the second IDE controller.  Look for ad
> >devices also.  Is the other hard drive a FreeBSD drive or something else?
> >What partitions types are on it will determine how it must be mounted.
> >
> >Ian
> >

> The other hardrive is a normal windows fat32 type, if that helps

	If the drive shows up in dmesg then try this

mount -t msdos /dev/ad[drive number] /mnt

	The way you specify the device may be different than this if this disk
is partitioned.  Do this to see your options.

cd /dev
ls | grep ad[drive number]*

Ian