Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 07:03:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Kelly <kellysm_2k@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw vs ipfilter

--0-1957747793-964620217=:10264

I'm new to FreeBSD and I have a couple of questions regarding firewalls.

What are the major differences between ipfw and ipfilter?

Is one better than the other? Why? Does it depend on the situation?

Which one is receiving more development time? Is this because of limited resources or because on is a stronger product?

Thank you!

Shawn Kelly

--0-1957747793-964620217=:10264

<P>I'm new to FreeBSD and I have a couple of questions regarding firewalls.</P>
<P>What are the major differences between ipfw and ipfilter?</P>
<P>Is one better than the other? Why? Does it depend on the situation?</P>
<P>Which one is receiving more development time? Is this because of limited resources or because on is a stronger product?</P>
<P>Thank you!</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
Get <a href="http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Mail</a> - Free email you can access from anywhere!
--0-1957747793-964620217=:10264--