Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:57:26 +0800
From:      "Jiawei Ye" <leafy@titan.seed.net.tw>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD 4.0 box with a Dlink DFE500TX nic. I can ping localhost
and my own ip, but when pinging any other host in the same subnet, the
msg:

sendto: the host is down

appears. And if I kept pinging for quite a while, the message becomes:

sendto: No more buffer space available.

My other machines all run WinNT and are connected to the same 5 port
10/100Mbps hub. All other machines can't find this BSD box either.

Could anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks

Jiawei Ye