Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 23:04:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      morty@mortykai.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   misc/3669: cant connect to external hosts with higher level protocols

>Number:         3669
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       cant connect to external hosts with higher level protocols
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        2.2.1
>Environment:
FreeBSD dortmunder.mortykai.com 2.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE #0: Tue Mar
25 15:12:02 GMT 1997     jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

unable to access external hosts through a packet forwarding gateway.

icmp (ping) and udp (dns) to external hosts is working but it cant make
any external tcp connection. internal connections are fine. other
internal hosts can connect to external hosts.

route monitor displays this message:
got message of size 124
RTM_LOSING: Kernal Suspects Partitioning: len124, pid:0, seq: 0, errno: 0,
flags:<UP,GATEWAY,HOST,DONE,WASCLONED>
locks:  inits:
sockaddrs: <DST,GATEWAY>
 165.113.58.23 207.99.60.65

i can ping the host and traceroute to it.

ive reinstalled freebsd many times

tcp packets are going out but not receiving any response.

when i run windows on the same machine with the same ip config i have
no problems.

no one could help me in freebsd-questions.
>How-To-Repeat:
telnet, ftp, smtp, etc to any external host