Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:50:10 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting work on sigcontext from linux to BSD...

I'm by no means a kernel guy and don't really pretend to be one, but
I'm certainly willing to learn given some simple docs.  I'm trying to
port the bigforth forth compiler to FreeBSD and am having a miserable
time doing so because bigforth isn't written in a very generic way.
That said, I'm having some impedance issues when trying to simply map
lenux's sigcontext struct (asm/sigcontext.h) to FreeBSD's sigcontext
struct (machine/signal.h).

Specifically, I'm stumped on what esp_at_signal is for and what the
equiv of BSD's is.  It's not sc_esp since that maps over nicely.  Any
help or files that I could look at that'd give me some clue as to what
it is that I'm playing with and how to use/map this data structure?

On a related, but different note, is there any value in having the
data members of sigcontext be unsigned long vs just ints?  So far as I
can tell they're just wasting space, but I could be very wrong.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden