Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:14:32 -0200
From:      Sergio de Souza Prallon <prallon@tmp.com.br>
To:        Andrey Lakhno <land@dnepr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 Teles PCI cards in one PC

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:07:20AM +0200, Andrey Lakhno wrote:
> Hi Hellmuth!
>
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2001, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
> > >From the keyboard of Andrey Lakhno:
> >
> > > I encountered with problem. I can't make work two ISDN Teles PCI adapters.
> > > When I working only with one of two cards things going ok.

Hi,

I have two cards but only one ISDN line, so I was unable to test the driver
with both of them simultaneously. If you have the time & patience to spare
I can try to remotely (by email I mean) debug the problem. I've made a new
revision of the driver that implements a workaround for the problem stated
on the original README file and another one that was causing reboots, but
both bugs are related to the kernel SPPP; the userland SPPP seems to have
a more robust interface. I'll try to update my web site tonight with this
one. I'd like to known if the problem persist. For now, you can post your
isdnd.rc & ppp.conf (please remember to wipe out any authentication info).
This will give me a better starting point.

> > I wasn't even aware that the Teles PCI adapters work at all, i have never
> > seen them. How did you configure them, what does the boot messages (-v) say ?
>
> I use patch for i4b 0.96 developed by Sergio de Souza Prallon.
> Readme file provided with the driver is attached to this letter.

Apparently there are 2 kinds of Teles PCI cards. One (PCI-TJ) uses the
Tiger ASIC and is supported by my driver. The other is unknown to me.

> Part of kernel config:
>
> device          itjc0
> pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
> pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
> pseudo-device   "i4b"
> pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
> pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
> pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4

Looks OK for me.

> dmesg output:
>
> itjc0: <NetJet-S> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem 0xff9ff000-0xff9fffff irq 9 at device 8.0 on pci2
> itjc0: ISAC 2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2)
> itjc0: passive stack unit 0
> itjc1: <NetJet-S> port 0xd400-0xd4ff mem 0xff9fe000-0xff9fefff irq 10 at device 9.0 on pci2
> itjc1: ISAC 2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2)
> itjc1: passive stack unit 1

Looks OK also (separate I/O space & irq's).

[]'s

--
Prallon