Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:24:56 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Michael J. Pelletier" <mjpelletier@mjpelletier.com>
Subject:   Re: AMD64 support in 5.x versions

--Boundary-02=_Ymx+/awkBseZnbR

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 20:57, Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
> I was looking through the pages for 5.1 etc. I did not see AMD64
> listed...Do you guys support AMD64 on the 5.x?

5.x on the AMD64, yes. It is listed as a Tier-1 platform main page. Actuall=
y,=20
4.x will run on it too as if it was a very fast i386 machine. There are=20
bootable snapshots available, I think - see the archives of this list. Do=20
note that not everything works perfectly - there is no i386 FBSD executable=
=20
support, so you will need to recompile everything. There is no Linux=20
executable support. xpdf doesn't work. gcl and cmucl don't work. Lots of=20
other ports have secret i386 or other nonportable assumptions, and may not=
=20
compile.

=2D-=20
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?

--Boundary-02=_Ymx+/awkBseZnbR

--Boundary-02=_Ymx+/awkBseZnbR--