Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:01:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Don Dela Rosa <delarosa@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA NETWORK CARD

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Don Dela Rosa wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Don Dela Rosa <delarosa@csl.sri.com>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: PCMCIA NETWORK CARD
>

> I have installed FREEBSD 4.5 on toshiba satellite 4100 and would like to
> know what type PCMCIA network will work with it
>

> Thanks

 In my Thinkpad I'm using a 3COM 574BT - it's a little pricey but it works
like a charm. I've also used an IBM Etherjet which took some resource
fiddling to get to work, but then worked fine.

Each laptop is at least subtly different. Some NICs experience resource
conflicts with the rest of the PCI bus and take a little work. I think it
depends on the laptop more than the NIC. Check out the hardware list on
the CD.

Good luck - JB

PS: check out the freebsd-mobile list for laptop-specific stuff.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg