Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:19:24 -0800
From:      mweber@postoffice.pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installation

I bought (from fry's) the most recent release.  The CD-ROM has no
installation.bat that I
know of.  My computer is an older one (dec lpx+) which has been upgraded
from 48633 to a 486 100.  I have 2 disks (recognized) and 40 megs of
memory.  A creative CD which is not bootable but is Matsushita 563.  It
is recognized by 2 different LINUX distributions but not your FREEBSD.
Also, your documentation on how to install from
floppies (just a bare system) leaves a lot to be desired.  First you are
very unclear about
what files by name are needed.  Or your math is way off.

What gives and why cannot I install ?  At this point LINUX seems to be
the way to go since the distributors are interested in getting people to
install it therefore they recognize
the older machine and can deal with it.  By the way, I will not be
shareing a disk.  I have one which I will dedicate to (UNIX Or linux).

Please help me.  I would really like to try it but !!!!! need to
install.

Martin Weber
mweber@pacbell.net