Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:33:29 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Simon Epsteyn <seva@fnal.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>
Subject:   Re: AiroNet 'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")' problem (4.2-STABLE)

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10101041726170.516-100000@null.cc.uic.edu> Simon Epsteyn writes:
: There are actually 3 places where I'd have to specify memory address.
:
: In the kernel config (I have it set to 0xd8000 right now)
: In the /etc/pccard.conf (I have it set to 0xd4000 right now)
: and in the /etc/rc.conf for pccard_mem= (I have it set to 0xd4000)
:
: Is this right?

The pccard_mem and the kernel mem are exactly the same thing.  Just
different ways to set it.  Having the last two be the same is
definitely a problem, but I don't think it would cause what you are
seeing.

: If I understand what you are asking correctly, the nose of the card looks
: like:
:
: 	**************************************
: 	  ************************************
:
: There are some LEDs on the card, and they never do go on...

OK.  So it is a high voltage card then.

My guess is that if you make the /etc/pccard.conf be different than
the other "two" addresses, you may get it to work.  The difference may
be that the an card has an area that can be memory mapped, while the
scsi cards don't and you are trying to map different things to the
same spot and that's causing the confusion.

Warner