Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:53:40 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "hawk" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
Subject:   Re: system deteriorating?

----- Original Message -----
From: "hawk" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 12:55 PM
Subject: system deteriorating?

> It's getting worse!  *augh*
>
> Add to the soundcard page faulting (but rplay works), make install
not
> working, and the printer incommunicando, nd now I have the options
in
> /stand/sysinstall being forgotten --even though it's marked to save,
> resetting each time to 4.2-STABLE rather than 4.x-STABLE.
>
> help.
>
> Is it time to surrender, backup, and reinstall? :(

I think that most things are  recoverable without a reinstall, but you
have to know
what has happened before you can fix it.  Is this some kind of
hardware issue, or
is it an operator issue?  And if so, what.  Until you know that, you
aren't going to be
able to fix this problem, nor prevent it from occuring again in the
future.

Josh