Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:59:12 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        philip@paeps.cx
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GVim + GTK2 (was: Re: an apology...)

> > If I want a vim-gtk2 in the ports tree, then looks like I will have to
>ask
> > for repo copy editors/vim port. But, I don't know if vim-gtk2 patch will
> > work with it, I haven't test it. I only use VIM version from VIM's CVS.
>
>The big problem, I think, is that CVS may or may not work depending on when
>you're checking out code, which is probably a problem in the ports tree :-)

Sorry for multi-mails... I need to think more before I hit the "send"
button. :-| Anyway, the real reason why we shouldn't have CVS checkout
without have fetch tarball is that... A lot of people are behind the
firewall, so it will not work very well for them with CVS and will work to
fetch the tarballs.

Cheers,
Mezz