Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:53:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Rex A. Roof" <rex@rexroof.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: login.conf restrictions

Right before you start these daemons, get the output of limit (or limits),
and see what the logged in user is imposed with.  Those will be the
resource restrictions imposed on your process.  You should grant root as
close to unlimited resources as possible for the purposes of starting
these daemons.

Joe Clarke