Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 17:52:10 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ade@demon.net
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

Ade Lovett stands accused of saying:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
> >
> >That option's already been discussed to death. ;-)
>
> *smile*  I'm sure it has.. dontcha just love the cyclic nature of
> project management concepts? :)

A cycle that can be comfortably avoided if the participants had the
common courtesy to read up on the issues at hand before inserting
their feet in their mouths.

This entire issue has been _resolved_, publically, at _least_ twice.

The common resolutions were :

 - maintain the status quo for now.
 - work on developing an improved structure concept and management
   tools for properly handling the variant components of the system.

It seems that people find it much easier to puff up their egoes by
_arguing_ about the terrible state of current affairs than actually
_do_ anything about them.

> Until the decision is made about the way forward, however, then
> much of the talk here is moot.

The decisions have been made.  What is notable is the absence of any
initiative on the part of the plaintiffs with regard to anything
beyond their narrow, kneejerk agendas.