Date:      16 Feb 2002 17:10:54 +0200
From:      Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Porting a device driver from Linux

Hi,

I work for a company that sells Linux boxes that act as ADSL
gateways. Every box has a special PCI card designed and manufactured by
us which includes one ATM controller (A Fujitsu FireStream 50) and 16
ADSL modems.

Of course, one of our biggest problems is linux itself, crashing several
times per week and forcing the client to physically reboot the machine.
Also, the userland ATM implementation under Linux is less than
successful, and is giving us many headaches.

What I would like to do is somehow port the FireStream driver from Linux
to *BSD, and use BSD's Native ATM support, which appears to be much
better, and, naturally, enjoy all of BSD's advantages and strength over
linux.

So, Has anyone ever done that sort of thing before? What would it take?

Thanks,
Gilad.