Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:07:40 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        iwan@staff.usd.ac.id
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squid and freebsd configuration

--nextPart2415251.uFKY2xQEQV

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:15, iwan@staff.usd.ac.id wrote:
> > I don't understand what you mean here..
> > Is it too slow? How are you testing it?
>
> I fetch to google.com, and I receive message that I get some bytes from
> there more about 25 seconds.

I suspect squid can't look up the IP of machines in your network.

> > Is your DNS set up properly? Can squid reverse lookup the names of the
> > IPs that are connecting to it?
>
> Yes, I set my DNS properly, because I can lookup the names of the IP
> google.com less than 5 seconds.
> I confuse.

That is just sending DNS requests out, what about machines inside your=20
network?

> I just setup and adding configuration to  rc.conf:
> firewall_enable=3D"YES"
> firewall_open=3D"OPEN"
>
> And I want to add some rules with ipf, but I still confuse. Can you help =
me
> to this configuration ?

I think you should not touch your firewall configuration until you fix the=
=20
rest of your network problems first.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."