Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:49:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   opera on freebsd?

Hi all:

Someone said I could run the linux version of opera on freebsd.

I downloaded "opera 4 linux B5 X86, STATIC QT".

I adjusted the install.sh script where it uses the -u paramter in cp (bsd
does not support this).

Now when I run oper I get

% opera
opera: error in loading shared libraries
libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In /usr/local/lib I have

% dir /usr/local/lib/libjpeg*
-rw-r--r--   1 root     wheel      152776 Dec 10  1999 libjpeg.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     wheel         455 Dec 10  1999 libjpeg.la*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          12 May  2  2000 libjpeg.so ->
libjpeg.so.9*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     wheel      127908 Dec 10  1999 libjpeg.so.9*

So I made a symbolic link

ln -s libjpeg.so libjpeg.so.62

And running opera gives the same error.

% opera
opera: error in loading shared libraries
libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks much

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org