Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 12:54:34 +0000
From:      Rui Lopes <rui@ruilopes.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: GNOME Fifth Toe 2.1.99]

Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:

>> If you're looking for something to port, the official GNOME 2 Fifth Toe
>> has been announced.  He have a good number of these ports in the tree
>> already.  For those not there, I'd be happy to take new port PRs.
>

> Hey, I have a question. Which do you prefer to follow the list? This
> email or over at http://5toe.lyrical.net ? Because, over at website
> has more list than in this email.
>
> I think, I am going to take Regexxer, it looks useful tool. So, is
> anyone working on Regexxer yet?

I've allready have a port for it (and I did talk about it some time
ago), but there is one little problem that I didn't found a "neat"
solution..

What I've done,

- I've talked with pcre por maintainer and we now have a utf8 option in
pcre port (this option is not enabled by default).

- I've created a pcre-utf8 child-port, but this leads to a problem, if
the user has the pcre port installed they need to manually remove it
before installing this child-port, I didnt found a neat solution for
this.. (this is my little problem).

Right now the utf8 feature of pcre lib seems to be in a experimental
state, so having a pcre sharedlib might bring some issues to ports that
depend on the normal pcre, nevertheless, I'm almost sure that this will
work just fine. (at least it's working fine here)

If anyone has a better solution for my little problem, tell me about it!

I will send-pr both ports today.

Cheers,
-- Rui Lopes