Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:42:09 +0000
From:      eT <edebruin@iname.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   developing device drivers

Greets,

Thanks to all the guys out there who are so willing to help.  One day
when I'm big I want to be like you guys :)

I have read 'Writing a Unix Device driver 2nd edition' and have read
'FreeBSD device driver's guide' and I now need to take the plunge and
start developing/coding.

I was wondering if there was a way to develop & test & debug a device
driver before linking it into the kernel .. i know it sorta doesn't make
sense, but as i said i was wondering...

Another Q: I'm writing a PCI character device driver and i was wondering
which if_xx.c in /usr/src/sys/pci would be a good template/example.

Anyways, my first posting :) so go easy on me...

eT

--
Etienne de Bruin
E-mail: edebruin@iname.com OR edebruin@netscape.net