Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 18:46:05 -0400
From:      John <mtber@mpinet.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        matt <matt@Mlink.NET>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd2.2.8 syn problem.

That would not solve my problem.
What I am going to do is block udp on every port exept 53 and hope that synk4
uses a mix of udp and syn-ack.
I think blocking udp will stop it. I hope it does ill know tomoro. I really
wish FreeBSD would make a patch for this problem. I have seen a patch on many
security sites for 3.1. If any FreeBSD development team members can help me
feel free to email me back.
BTW: If you dont know what im talking about its the freebsd synk remote reboot
"bug".

Thanks,
John (mtber@mpinet.net)