Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      mikem <mike_makonnen@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems compiling sysinstall: dialog_noyes

Hi,

I was trying to modify sysinstall.c, but I got a linker error
saying that msg.o was referencing the undefined function
dialog_noyes().  The ncurses library was correctly included in the
compile command line, so I did a bit of searching and I couldn't find
any references to a ncurses library function called dialog_noyes, but
there is one called dialog_yesno. So, is the reference to dialog_noyes a
typo or am I missing something.

Also, along the same lines, there are two functions in msg.c:
msgYesNo and msgNoYes which make use of dialog_yesno and dialog_noyes,
respectively. The one line comment before each function is identical.
Something along the lines of: this function returns true if YES is
selected and false if NO is selected.
However, from the function names I am thinking that msgYesNo returns
true on YES and msgNoYes returns true on NO.

The meaning of these two functions depends on whether dialog_noyes exists
because both functions are identical, except that one calls dialog_yesno and
the other one calls dialog_noyes.

Thanks,
Mike Makonnen