Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 1995 12:14:48 +0200
From:      "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ft0 QIC write error problem

I've got a Conner TSM420 QIC drive, and I use the QW QIC-wide tapes.

Every time I pipe something larger than about a megabyte into ft, I
get an unrecoverable write error on block 3200.

It's not a problem with the tape - I can make larger backups under DOS
with no problems, and I've tried several.

Also, smaller things get written and recovered OK.

Oh, I'm still running 2.0-SNAP950412.  I haven't upgraded because, for
that, I really need the backup :-(

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers =8-} Chipsy