Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@telehouse.ch>, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@monzoon.net>, Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use of if_ef for 802.11 interfaces?

Bruce A. Mah writes:
| If memory serves me right, Brooks Davis wrote:
| > On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:26:04PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
| > > Also it will be interesting how we support LEAP that requires a user name
| > > passwd to be entered.  I'm just starting to investigate that.
| >
| > I beleve windows does this via a tray icon.  It seems to me that this
| > problem is probably best handled by an entierly different machanism.
|
| I think for Windows, LEAP authentication works by grabbing the username
| from the Windows network login.  I dimly remember some of the user
| documentation with screenshots showing something to this effect also.

I haven't played with this on Windows ... I try to avoid that.

| Clearly this doesn't work for a multiuser *NIX box, for the reasons you
| pointed out...I haven't played with the Linux utilities to see what
| they do.

Under Linux the "acu" utility asks for a Username/Password for LEAP but
I haven't tried it yet.

BTW I now have a sysctl added to the "an" driver to dump Rid records
so I can see what the Linux utilities are doing and then compare
them to what we do.  So I should be able to sniff what the Cisco
utility is doing for LEAP at the Rid level.

I also added a filter to dump only selected Rids but I have a bug that
hangs my machine when I try to parse out the hex number :-(.

Doug A.