Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:02:13 +0100
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Adam Turoff <aturoff@isinet.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd vs. linux and NT chart

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 01:48:13PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> >We've put this off long enough. jkh can give you million reasons why he is
> >more happy with the 2-floppy solution.
>
> Well, we all know that Jordan worked long and hard on the install
> code and did all sorts of tricks to keep it to one floppy.
> Nonetheless, I think that this is an important selling point.
> Also, from a technical standpoint, there's no reason why a single
> floppy can't reach out to the installation media and bring in any
> code that won't fit. This may well be an opportunity to leapfrog
> Linux once again.

How about going for the opposite ? If we already have 2 disks and
we're not going to go down to a single one again, we might aswell
support installs over ISDN (which I am sure that many people in
Germany will appreciate, as ISDN is extremely widespread here),
or fit the stuff that currently is on the fixit-disk onto the
2-disk-combination.

I'm sure there are more things we could support than just the two
I mentioned.

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet