Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 21:50:55 -0500
From:      John Lengeling <johnl@raccoon.com>
To:        outlawtx@bga.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help!

If you just want to change your default editor, it depends on which
shell you are using.  If you are using csh edit your .login file and
look for the line:

SETENV EDITOR vi

If you are using bourne shell, edit your .profile and look for:

EDITOR=vi; export EDITOR

When you create a new login on the system, the default shell startup
config files are copied from /usr/share/skel into the new user's home
directory.  If you want to fix it for every new user created, then edit
the files in that directory.

johnl