Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:33:56 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        Evan S <kaworu@sektor7.ath.cx>
Cc:        Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1 / SMP / SBLive

Evan S wrote:

> Alright. I tried catting an .au file to /dev/dsp, xmms, and mpg123, even
> tried a cd to play. Nothing came out of the speakers, but, the proram did
> not complain.
>
> Think its an irq thing?
>
> Evan Sarmiento (kaworu@sekt7.org)
> http://sekt7.org/es

I'm not sure: For the record, what is the output of cat /dev/sndstat,
here's mine:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov  6 2000 14:29:19
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0x6200 irq 16 (4p/3r channels duplex)

Also, note that I _do not_ have a /dev/snd0. Maybe try deleting that?

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator