Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:43:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@cncn.com>
To:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Path and xdm configuration

Hello.

	I am having troubles with my path, on a 2.2.5 machine. My shell is
tcsh. I login via xdm. This is my second FBSD machine, and I have never
previously had problems with my path. I configureed XDM, got it working,
and now login via xdm. The pertinent section of my .profile reads:

PATH=/usr/games:/usr/home/spork:/home/spork:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/home/spork/bin
export PATH

the pertinent section of .login contains:

set path = (/sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/games /usr/local/bin /usr/X11R6/
bin /home/spork/bin)

/home/spork/bin, /home/spork, and /usr/games are not being included in my
path. Anybody know why not? (PS: my login name is spork)

Can I change the XDM startup screen? Where would I find other versions of
it? Thank you.

	-Spike Gronim
	 spork@cncn.com

		"Hacker, n: One who hacks real good"