Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:31:46 -0700
From:      Jason <jicit@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: update of apache2 breaks  php4

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_jive-27808-1025137905-0001-2

At 08:05 PM 6/25/2002 -0700, Jason wrote:
>At 05:49 PM 6/20/2002 +0200, Mark Rowlands wrote:

>> > Edited php_functions.c and replaced MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST with
>> > AP_MODULE_MAGIC_AT_LEAST. It built. It runs.
>>
>>thanks a million gentlemen. May you be blessed with your heart's desire.

>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>
>I had no problems while installing using:
>
>cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>make -DWITH_APACHE2 install
>
>However when I try to start apache I get this error:
>
>Syntax error on line 273 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/libphp4.so into server:
>/usr/local/libexec/apache2/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol "ssl_onceonlyinit"
>
>Any ideas on how to fix it?

I finally got it to work on my onw.  I'm not positive, but I think what I
was missing was specifically X'ing the option for OpenSSL in the
config.  Here are the steps I took that make me uncertain what actually did
the trick:

cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
make deinstall
cd /usr/ports/www/apache2