Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:39:33 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Soundcard (fm801) problems

Michael,

I am really sorry that you have those problems - I suspect that they
are caused by the tuner-only fm801 card detection which I added
somewhere between 4.6.2-RELEASE and 4.7-RELEASE. Could you please
do the following to help me diagnose the problem:

1. cvsup back to RELENG_4 or RELENG_4_7;
2. edit /sys/dev/sound/pci/fm801.c file, adding:

printf("fm801 0x28 reg value is: %d\n", bus_space_read_1(st, sh, 0x28));

before "if (bus_space_read_1(st, sh, 0x28) == 0) {" line.

After that, recompile your kernel, reinstall it and reboot as usually.
When the machine is up again, in the dmesg output look for the
line starting with "fm801 0x28 reg value is:" and send me number that
follows.

Thanks!

-Maxim