Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 23:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Ports mystery

	I have a 3.4 Stable system that I don't want to upgrade, just yet.
	CVSUP'd a new ports tree to build a few things, and when I went to
	build the first one, got the not totally unexpected warning to upgrade
	my ports build mech.

	Grabed 34upgrade.tgz, did a pgk_add onit, and now I get:

	polar# make install
	Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this
	bsd.port.mk

	What gives?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154