Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:56:52 -0500
From:      Gerald Abshez <gerald@manhattanprojects.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thinkpad won't boot ISO image

I've tried to boot the ISO image (RC2) on an IBM Thinkpad, type 2621.

I get the keyboard probe, and then the >> boot prompt comes up. It
doesn't appear to be able to see the loader, and can't boot a kernel. In
a Desktop system the disc works all the way to the sysinstall menu. I'm
not sure if this is a known issue with the thinkpads or with the ISO
boot image, but I thought it might be worth letting people know.

I managed to install -CURRENT before on this machine off of floppies and
over FTP, so I don't believe it's an issue with the kernel or the
hardware in general.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Gerald.
--
This is your FreeBSD -- Where do YOU want to go tommorow?