Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:19:05 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@earthlink.net>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install FreeBSD on a Windows XP box

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:47:52 -0400 (EDT), Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
 wrote:

> [...]

Now that I think about it a bit more, perhaps I'm wrong about that.  I
think I had a FAT32 disk and asked BING to install itself on an NTFS/FBSD
RAID volume using two other disks.  It took up only 8mb on the RAID volume,
but that was likely just the boot stuff - the rest of the files went to the
FAT disk, probably.

One other thing from the message that vanished into the aether, and the
reason I'm not using BING as my bootloader any more - adding Linux to the
boot menu is not automagic, it involves a fair amount (15-30 minutes) of
fiddling.  Why FBSD is 2 seconds and automatic, while Linux is not, you'll
have to ask BING's author.  (You can, there's a mailing list.)
--
Jud