Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:48:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tim Gustafson <guff@falconsoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named question

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Tim Gustafson wrote:

> I wonder if this is slightly off topic, but could someone tell me what the
> following error message means from named:
>
> Mar 16 20:45:59 esther named[148]: sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN) on
> middlecountry.k12.ny.us?
> Mar 16 20:45:59 esther named[148]: qserial_query(middlecountry.k12.ny.us):
> sysquery FAILED
>
> I keep getting this on all me secondary zones.  I'm not behind a firewall
> or anything.  Any ideas woud be greatly appreciated.

Looks like the machines are getting confused trying to resolve
middlecountry.k12.ny.us.  Make sure the nameservers are set up properly
and are pointing to valid name servers.

A quick peek at your servers appears OK, but you guys have tons of
redundant NS's.

ns.imperial-software.com has the SOA record misordered, it looks like.