Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:46:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Repeated panic in 4.2-stable

:L440 GX+ motherboard, 2 P3 550's, 1GB ECC RAM.
:
:I'm getting the followin crash after anywhere from 2-8 hours of
:operation pretty consistently.  Fans have been checked, airflow is
:good.
:
:The machine is driving a 14 drive vinum array (930GB), and
:news service.
:
:It seems to be load related with news, as just farting around
:with the vinum array (rebuilding and such) doesn't cause any
:problems, but inn kills it.
:
:here's a backtrace from a debugging kernel.  (I have the
:vmcore and kernel file if anybody wants me to poke around
:a bit more:

    If you could make the vmcore availabel to me (give me the
    path in private email), along with the debug kernel image
    if you have it, /var/run/dmesg.boot, and kernel configuration,
    I will take a look at it.

    Hold old is the source base you built the kernel from?

					-Matt