Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:44:27 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Verizon DSL & FreeBSD?

On 02/22/03 11:58 AM, Aaron Burke sat at the `puter and typed:
> > > On 02/22/03 07:03 PM, Cliff Sarginson sat at the `puter and typed:
> > nothing is
> nmap on his IP address says otherwise. (notice "closed" not
> "filtered")
>
> Interesting ports on pool-68-160-158-62.bos.east.verizon.net
> (68.160.158.62):
> (The 1547 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
> Port       State       Service
> 21/tcp     open        ftp
> 22/tcp     open        ssh
> 25/tcp     open        smtp
> 80/tcp     closed      http
> 113/tcp    closed      auth
> 143/tcp    open        imap2
> 443/tcp    open        https
> 993/tcp    open        imaps
> 27374/tcp  closed      subseven
>
> Notice that they are closed, a local firewall makes the ports
> say "filtered" if they are turned off with a local firewall.
> (SNIP)

I am resetting ports 113 and 27374 from my firewall, but not port 80.
From my work system, port 80 is shown as filtered by nmap.  Other than
that, everything above looks exactly right.  Is it possible that port
80 is being reset elsewhere?  What command line did you use?

I used this:
nmap -sT -P0 -O -v -oN ~/scan.txt -p 80 68.160.158.62

And got this:
Port       State       Service
80/tcp     filtered    http

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Peter's Principle of Success:
  Get up one time more than you're knocked down.