Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 16:53:02 -0000
From:      "Christopher Raven" <gurab@lineone.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3C509 card ok

> > Problem is solved - I changed the motherboard

OK.  Did you go through the usual PCI BIOS setup gyrations?

Certainly did, tried disabling PCI auto "stealing" of IRQ's (espec.
No. 10) and tried everything I could find in the BIOS config.
instructions. It just didn't want to play ball - on boot the computer
couldn't see the 3c509. However, as there were only 2 cards (PCI -
video & ISA - 3C509) I don't know if only the network card was
effected by it.

I'll check that out when I recieve my next machine.

> The board I used to replace it was the previously mentioned
Micronics
> "Twister" baby AT which seems to be working just fine.

Different BIOS, right?

Sure is, the micronics Twister Baby AT has Award modular bios v4.51PG
and The "Made In the USA" has American Megatrends AMIBIOS but as the
board is no longer plugged in anywhere I am not sure about revision
number.

All this is no doubt about something I didn't chant correctly at the
bootstrap ;)