Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:32:41 +0200
From:      Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        tcltk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: weird problem with git gui

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On 2013-Jul-15, 11:05, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>=20
> I started having some weird problems with "git gui" command after a recent
> massive upgrade of ports (the last one was > 3 months ago), which also in=
cluded
> updates of tcl and tk.
>=20
> Here is a small snippet from modified tcl/tk code in
> /usr/local/libexec/git-core/git-gui:
>=20
> catch {puts "1GIT_DIR is $env(GIT_DIR)"} # added by me
> menu .mbar -tearoff 0
> catch {puts "2GIT_DIR is $env(GIT_DIR)"} # added by me
>=20
> I think the following output speaks for itself:
> 1GIT_DIR is .git
> 2GIT_DIR as .git.git
>=20
> I am very puzzled as to why the 'menu' command would cause such a detrime=
ntal
> change to the environment.
> I am trying to debug this issue right now.  I see that there is a call to
> TclSetupEnv() (from generic/tclEnv.c) when 'menu' is executed.
>=20
> Any hints and suggestions are very appreciated!
> I'll get back with any additional details I discover.

I fear I can't reproduce it locally,=20

puts [info patchlevel]
puts "1 - $env(GIT_DIR)"
menu .mbar -tearoff 0
puts "2 - $env(GIT_DIR)"

gives

8.6.0
1 - .git
2 - .git

I get to it by opening an existing repository. Could you please
elaborate on the steps you take to get to that point?

--=20
Pietro Cerutti
The FreeBSD Project
gahr@FreeBSD.org