Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:48:25 +0100
From:      "Erik Scholtz, ArgonSoft GmbH" <escholtz@argonsoft.de>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cluster Filesystem on FreeBSD

Doug,

have you ever tried to put a NFS-volume into the working-path of an
apache-server? I did, and I could messure a significant performance-loss
of the webserver by 1sec per page-load.

The NFS was mounted on a 1GBit dedicated connection between the
webserver and the nfs-server; I tried several TCP-options and
MTU-Settings without any important change on the performance-loss.

Compared to a dedicated mounted ISCSI-Volume this 1sec loss is a lot! I
think NFS is great for changing big amounts of data. But for short
read/write-access NFS does not seem to be the first choice.

Greetings,
Erik
--

My blog: http://blog.elitecoderz.net