Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18184: GNU Patch 2.5.4 Port

The following reply was made to PR ports/18184; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To: Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:33:37 +0100

 Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca wrote:

 > sed 's/^X//' >patch/Makefile << 'END-of-patch/Makefile'
 > X# New ports collection makefile for:	GNU patch
 > X# Date created:		23 April 2000
 > X# Whom:			Cy SChubert
 > X#
 > X# $FreeBSD: ports/devel/patch/Makefile,v$
 > X#

 uh. ports/devel/patch already exists, why is a new one needed?  The only
 real difference I see is the '--program-prefix=g', but I'm not sure
 that's needed as the patch in the base system is GNU patch anyway, just
 an older version.  I'd suggest you just send an update for the existing
 devel/patch port instead.

 --
 Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D