Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 02:22:01 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco), jdw@wwwi.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

>> I am curious to know if -core has an opinion on where the line should
>> be (or maybe even has been) drawn.
>
>I would expect that they do (Jordan has hinted that discussions are going
>on, which is a positive sign).

   We're still talking about it. Right now we still intend to release a 2.1.6
in December, but we are also considering releasing 2.2 at about the same time.
With all the nifty stuff like SMP, we want to move along towards 3.0. No
concrete decisions have yet been made, but we all would like to see the
technology in -current enjoy wider use and this plan seems to have wide
acceptence.

-DG

David Greenman