Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:40:02 -0700
From:      Yani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   <!doctype linuxdoc system> doesn't work

Hi guys,

I used `sgmlfmt -f ps' for printing above type of documents on
PostScript printer. I tried it recently but received only blank pages in
the ps file. Also, using `sgmlfmt -f ascii' it produced 86 character
lines instead of 80.

After some investigation, I found following inside the generated ps
code:

/Q{moveto show}bind def
(TEXT TO BE SHOWN)900177.498 188 Q

As far as I understand the way sgmlfmt works, it produces roff code and
passes it to groff, which converts it to the desired format. I suspect
it's sgmlfmt which produces bogus code and makes groff/grops place the
output almost 900000 points right from the page. Also, the font size is
bigger than before.

I'm pretty new in sgml and I don't think I could solve this by myself.
Does somebody have a clue what changed in the code causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

ian