Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 02:08:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        gsutter@pobox.com (Gregory Sutter)
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, billf@chc-chimes.com, aturoff@isinet.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd vs. linux and NT chart

> Well, Brett, if you can't fit a generic kernel and networking code on
> the same disk, then you can't reach out to your installation media in
> the first place.  Having two floppies is far far better than having
> different floppies for different types of installations (e.g. the
> network install floppies, the cdrom install floppy, the nullmodem
> install floppy (ouch), etc.).

KLD's for minority hardware on the seperate disk!
KLD's for minority hardware on the seperate disk!

"Please insert additional driver disks and hit return,
 or just hit return to start the installation"

1)	Keep the MSDOS VFS on the "single install floppy".

2)	Make any "additional drivers" disk MS-DOS format.

3)	Make it look in the DOS subdirectory "FreeBSD".

4)	Give the drivers to the vendors of hardware so that they
	can ship official FreeBSD drivers for the hardware on
	their DOS driver disks, even if their drivers are
	already in the kernel on the "single install floppy",
	since their hardware may become minority later.

5)	Get vendors to print "Includes drivers for FreeBSD" on
	the box.

6)	Help FreeBSD rule the world.

7)	Pick up dry cleaning.

8)	Kill Dilbert.