Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:53:07 -0500
From:      J Ramos <JRAMOS2@nc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling sound into the kernel question

Hello. I've got an Ensoniq AudioPCI 1370 that I'm trying to get sound
working on. I've dug through the handbook I own, the handbook on
freebsd.org, and through /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT looking for clues.
I see that the card is supported, I'm just unsure as to what devices and
whatnot to add to the config file. I added the following lines to the
end of the config file:

device snd
device sscape0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 9 drq 0
device sscape_mss0 at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1

Yep, I know, wrong devices. But it did compile cleanly. :-)

At any rate, any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'll help any
way I can, dmesg output, etc...

Thanks much,
Josh Ramos